7 things you didn’t know about me
The OnlineMarketerBlog.com tagged me in the 7 things you didn’t know about me meme. I wonder if one day soon, we’ll look at these like we do e-mails that say “forward this to ten friends.”
I don’t think so. The thing about blogging is that it’s not very personal. I deliberately don’t write much about my life, or politics, or things that aren’t about marketing.
Since I really like DJ’s blog, here it goes:
1. I met my wife in a social network before that term existed. It was in a discussion group called alt.fan.tom-robbins. I actually met people from all over the world in the mid to late nineties, not in a hook up kind of way, just in a friendship kind of way. It started the same way with my wife, but ended up being more serious. She’s American, and I’m Canadian, and we met online and I now live in the US.
3. I hosted a call in talk sports radio show in University. It was bad, but something I liked doing. We didn’t get many calls, but the ones we got were fun. It really was one hour a week where we sat around and talked sports. One segment we had, we broke down a sport as deeply as possible. Origins, rules, the historical moments that mattered to the game. This was before wikipedia, so it actually meant going to the library.
4. According to quantcast.com, 65% of the people who read this blog have no kids. I have two. Autumn Cassidy and Gavin Mathew with one t, like me.
5. I’m an ABC Citizen: American, British, and Canadian.
6. Because of the last one in that list above, I’m also a curler. In fact, I’ll be heading to North Dakota at the end of the month to play for a chance to make it to the US Olympic Trials for Curling.
7. I once did the Full Monty in front of 500 people with my Dad, and four other guys. We rehearsed, had costumes, and then stripped down to a hot pink thong. We did it because in a multi-cultural festival in my home town of Brampton, Ontario, my parents ran the English Pavilion, and the Full Monty was hot.
So there you go. It’s not marketing, it’s fun. And since I’m most likely late to this meme, I think I’ll pass on throwing it forward.
Starting soon, marketing again.